Worcestershire Association Of Groundsmen
Officials for 2017 season
|Secretary||Steve Daniels||01527 757278
|Committee||Neil Shuttleworth||01527 460096||07954 094497
If you are keen to find out how WAG can help you and your club, contact Secretary Steve Daniels - Tel: 01527 757278 Mob: 07980 953662.
1. To improve the standard of Club and School grounds, pitches and general outdoor facilities Increase information of all latest methods and technology
2. Promote opportunities of education and training
3. Assist Club and School groundsmen in gaining the practical and administrative skills required for the preparation ofwickets.
4. To Improve the all round knowledge and education of groundsmen within the cricketing County of Worcestershire
5. Maintain a list of current members and those groundsmen who have taken a training course.
Open to all individuals who are involved in the preparation of cricket squares, general outdoor cricketing facilities, machinery and resources and anyone who has an interest in the game of cricket.
Individual Annual Membership is currently £10.00 due at the start of each financial year on October 1st.
Usually three meetings a year which includes a visit to the WCCC ground at New Road where the latest machinery is demonstrated to members.
Annual General Meeting
The AGM is held in November each year.
Training Courses are held regularly, in conjunction with the Institute of Groundsmanship, for Level 1A (Spring Preparation), Level 1B (Autumn Renovation) and Level 2 (Understanding the Science).
We are currently negotiating Affiliation with the iOG to afford our members discount on course prices raised significantly by changes in IOG pricing policy. Contact Secretary for details.
The Association are able to offer WCB Affiliated Clubs Premium Fine Turf Grass Seed and Autumn/Winter Fertiliser at keenest prices due to goods being delivered to the County Ground, New Road, Worcester, for clubs to collect. For prices and terms contact the Secretary.
ECB Machinery Trailer
A Groundsman Pedestrain Aerator and Graden Scarifier are available for hire to WCB Affiliated Clubs to enable groundsmen access top quality 'professional' machinery for renovation of a cricket square. Details of Booking, Prices and Conditions of Hire is available from WCB Office 01905 337923 or the Secretary.
For further information please contact the Secretary.